Wednesday 21 January 2015

A quiet day

In vet medicine and probably many other fields, the word "quiet" is a swear word. If you start to even mention it in the veterinary clinic you will either be shushed before you can finish the word or you will be given a dirty look.
However in my quiet day today I did many things. I vaccinated a few dogs and gave them worm tablets. I pulled a grass seed out of a dog's foot, I clipped up a cat's sore bitten elbow and treated his swollen right carpus which resulted from a cat bite. I initiated treatment on a dog I had diagnosed with demodectic mange. I repeated antibiotics on a severely dyspnoeic dog. I gave several patients arthritis medication via injection. I treated a baby sparrow for nystagmus and I treated a wild bird for a cat bite. I saw a miniature schnauzer with self trauma and pododermatitis.

This was a quiet day! However I did so much! Make sure to appreciate your vet!

This is my little cat attack guy. I have a figure of 8 bandage around his wing. I have no idea what kind of bird he is though. Which is unusual for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment